The urology department is designed for 30 beds and provides all kinds of specialized urological assistance to patients with diseases of the kidneys, urinary tract and male genital organs. The urologists use the whole range of therapeutic and diagnostic methods available. Surgical treatment is performed by using modern endoscopic equipment.
The urology department performs the operations as follows:
- transurethral resection of benign prostatic hyperplasia;
- transurethral electrical resection of prostate tumors;
- transurethral vaporization of tumors (adenomas) of the prostate;
- transurethral resection of the bladder tumors;
- transurethral electrocoagulation of benign tumors of the bladder.
To treat urolithiasis, a state-of-the-art Swiss-made STORZ MEDICAL lithotripte is used. High-tech surgeries on the prostate and bladder tumors, both benign and malignant, are performed on the Valleylab FT10 energy platform. The latest percutaneous lithotripsy procedure is practiced along with traditional endoscopic operations and remote lithotripsy.